The Company's Mission in the Practice of Law
Donald G. Norris, a Law Corporation is a law firm specializing in litigation and international business matters. We deliver the capabilities and quality of large law firms, along with the personal attention and cost-effectiveness of smaller firms.
The firm's founder, Donald G. Norris, has over 39 years of hands-on legal experience. As a partner for many years in national and international law firms, Mr. Norris gained the skill to address matters from straightforward contract disputes to complex class actions and large, multinational commercial disputes.
Mr. Norris has handled over 50 trials and appeals in state and federal courts for both plaintiffs and defendants, including many jury trials, as well as domestic and international arbitrations.
The firm's international practice includes advising on foreign business transactions, joint ventures, outsourcing, entertainment financing and real estate acquisitions in Asia and Latin America.
Because we are a small firm, our clients benefit from the direct involvement of senior attorneys, sensitive to the client's individual objectives and cost concerns. It is this combination of high-caliber experience and skill, together with attention to every client's needs, that consistently delivers superb results.
Donald G. Norris
- Lead defense lawyer for medical providers in RICO case brought by California’s largest workers’ compensation insurer for $800 million in damages alleging the largest health care fraud in California history
- Defense of patent action involving skin rejuvenation lotions
- Handling 950 consolidated cases on behalf of a major private equity firm
- Prosecution of RICO and antitrust claims against a group of insurance companies on behalf of major medical providers
- Defense of a major steel company against claims brought by former high executives
- Defense of a $100 million arbitration claim brought by an introducing broker against an investment banking firm
- Serving as day-to-day lead and trial counsel in defense of an investment banking firm facing $500 million in claims
- Defense of a major bank against claims of fraud and breach of contract
- Representation of a well-known entertainment figure in a defamation case arising from publication of his autobiography
- Representation of a major media company against a media buyer relative to $20 million in television advertising
- Handling a complex RICO case brought by an Asian computer manufacturer
- Defense of an internet gatekeeper company against copyright infringement claims
- Prosecution of false advertising and trademark claims on behalf of an international health products company
- Representation of a prominent entertainment figure against his business manager for claims of malfeasance
- Defense of claims of design patent infringement on behalf of one of the world’s largest makers of sunglasses
- Prosecution of claims by a major film studio against the largest media company in the Philippines
- Prosecution of a copyright infringement action against the largest toy company in the world
- Defense of an antitrust case brought by independent record companies against one of the three largest music companies in the world
- Prosecution of a legal malpractice case on behalf of a securities brokerage firm
- Defense of a ticket brokerage company against internet-related claims brought by the world’s largest ticket distribution company
- Defense of orthopedic clinics against claims of securities and insurance fraud
- Prosecution of a claim of tortious interference with the career of a professional golfer
- Defense of business tort claims involving opera management companies
- Defense of a major accounting firm against claims arising from the collapse of a precious metals dealer
- Prosecution of RICO and fraud claims against a real estate developer concerning beach homes in Costa Rica
- Plaintiff police misconduct and wrongful death actions
- Workers’ compensation consolidations
Clients of Mr. Norris have included:
Adams Laboratories, AmSurg, Aspen Medical Resources, Bollé, Bristol A/R, California Pharmacy Management, Cerberus Capital Management, Compression Records, CNN, dataLOK, Connexion Entertainment Group, Designer Tickets & Tours, First Medical Management, Hasbro, Health Smart Pacific Corporation, Industrial Pharmacy Management, Ion Beam Applications, Johnson & Johnson, Las Vegas Tickets, Long Beach Pain Center, Med-Legal, Medicis Pharmaceuticals, Mission Valley Heights Surgery Center, Neurologic Orthopedic Associates, NCL Pharmaceuticals, Ocean Fresh Trading, Pacific Hospital of Long Beach, Physicians Management Group, Poway Surgery Center, Powerski International, Qualified Billing & Collections, Scholastic Entertainment, Senor Fish Restaurants, Shakey’s Restaurants, Smith Barney, Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Systems Parking, S&B Surgery Center, Tatung, Turner Network, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Warner Bros. Entertainment, Westlake Surgery Center, Wilshire Surgicenter, XCU Capital Corporation, Zemsky Green Artist Management
Meet Our Attorneys
The role of the lawyer varies greatly across legal jurisdictions, and so it can be treated here in only the most general terms.
Mr. Norris’s practice focuses on business and commercial litigation, including litigation in the health care, intellectual property, media, first amendment, internet, and entertainment areas,and civil rights litigation. His clients have included investment companies, brokerage firms, banks, accounting firms, film, television and music companies, entertainers, internet companies, and major medical providers.
Mr. Norris has tried over 40 cases, including 18 jury trials to verdict. He also has regularly argued appeals in state and federal courts.